CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Date Night With Mommy


Chase & I went on a date last night and had a really fun time. The local private school, Chelan Valley Independent School, has a spring drama production every year and this year it was Jack and the Giant (aka Jack & the Beanstalk). They performed it this year at the local historic theater (Ruby Theater) in Chelan. It was free with a donation at the door and they had concessions open for snacks as well. Chase has been h aving some coping problems lately and has gotten into trouble at school as well. He finished his punishment yesterday so we decided to give him some one-on-one Mommy time and boy did he enjoy that. He and I used to do little things together a lot when Mackenzie was a baby and Daddy wasn't working. I think he needs more of this type of thing. Anyway, the play was 1 1/2 hours with a 15 minute intermission so with it starting at 7 pm and by the time we got home it was a little after 9. He had talked to Mamma to tell her he was going and that he wanted to have popcorn and licorice. Mamma responded that she thought that sounded good so he ran with the phone to me and told me "Mamma says I get popcorn AND licorice and you have to do it because she is your Mommy". So Mamma owes me $6.50!!! haha! He sat very intently and loved the play. He followed the plot line asking me every 5 minutes "Where's the giant?" and clapped at all the right times. It was very well done and had every student from the school in it in one role or another and sometimes multiple roles. On the way home, as he was eating his last licorice vine that he had held clutched in his little hand for the last half of the play to save it for on the way home, he said to me "maybe next time I can go on the stage Mommy." Throughout the play he would lean over to be and hug my arm and lovingly say "this is fun Mommy!" What enjoyable memories! He came home and got in his jammies and was asleep in less than 5 minutes. Wouldn't trade these time for the world!

No comments: