CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2007

New Songs


Mackenzie has always been my singer and she is not letting me down. She has had acapella kids bible songs on CD that she loves to listen to in the car for quite a while. When we were at Disneyland, I bought the Disneyland soundtrack and the Electric Parade soundtrack so those have been popular since we got back from California. Now she is in preschool and learning new songs at school and some of them are meant to remind them of what they are doing at school so if she is repeating that activity at home or anywhere else, she immediately starts to sing as she would at school. I am amazed at how she knows them in only 4 days of preschool.


Now whenever she is washing her hands (which used to be a messy and disorganized process) she sings this little tune and stays right on track with what she is doing with very limited mess.


Tops and bottoms

Tops and bottoms

In between

In between

All around your hand

All around your hand

Now they're clean

Now they're clean.


She had been doing that one for several days and this morning she added a new one when Chase and I were in the living room with her that is her good morning song at school. She is so tickled at singing the songs and doesn't want any help in singing them.


I am just happy she has learned some new songs so I can quit hearing "It's A Small World" over and over and over. Now, if Chase can get off the kick of singing "Heffalumps and Woozles" over and over, then I will regain my sanity.


Aunt Lissa (my sister) is now nearly 38 weeks pregnant and very ready to have this baby. She is uncomfortable to say the least but is trying to be patient. Never did any of us dream she would carry this baby this long. She has served it an eviction notice for October 3rd when she has a C section scheduled. The kids and I are looking forward to the baby's arrival and will head over to Seattle the first weekend after it arrives. They do not find out the sex of the baby so it will be a surprise for all of us.

No comments: