CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Sights, Smells & Events of Autumn

CVIS Field Trip 10/12/2007
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox



October is bringing lots of fun things to our house. The kids have enjoyed decorating for Halloween and are looking forward to going to the pumpkin patch after church this Sunday with Sissy Megan, Janson & Alura. Today was Chase's first school field trip and I got to go along as 13 preschoolers requires 3 parents and 3 teachers when walking 3 blocks to the fire station. I have included in this post a Smilebox of those pictures.


Last week, a dear friend of mine posted on her blog (which I love to read) http://www.neighborjanepayne.com/ asking what mean fall to you. Well, I started thinking about that and yesterday the sights and smells of autumn came to me as I was making a bunch of homemade rolls and a big pot of Cheesy Potato Corn Chowder for dinner. I love as the coolness of autumn sets in and a big bowl of hot soup and fresh rolls taste so good, not to mention the smell of both cooking filling the house in the hours before. That makes me remember it is autumn. On the drive to and from Seattle last weekend (I was driving with the kids so no pictures to show of the colors), the colors of the leaves on the trees varying form light green to yellow to red was a great topic of discussion with the kids. At the top of Stevens Pass, the combination of the leaves in all colors along with the fresh snow on the ground was a beautiful reminder of what a wonderful God we serve and what he has blessed us with on a daily basis in the miracle and beauty of the world around us. So I guess this is my not-so-short response to the sights and smells of Autumn. Pondering this thought has brought me to take the pictures of the soup and rolls from last night and plan a scrapbook page entitled "My Sights & Smells of Autumn".

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh yum, Michelle. That looks so good and beautiful. I feeeeeel fall through your blog!

I love this post and the pictures.