CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thunderstorms mean warm inside food



We have been in Florida on vacation for about a week and a half. We got home on Friday and it has been cold and windy since then and then the rain and thunder started today.


On cold wet days, one looks for good warm recipes. Today I will share my Taco Chili Recipe. Easy, quick and loved by all - even the kids like it. I serve it with tortilla chips and sour cream!


Taco Chili


2 lbs ground beef, browned & drained

3 cups tomato juice (or 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce & 1 1/2 cups water)

1 jar (16 oz ) salsa (pick the degree of spiciness you want your chili to be

1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained

1 can (15 1/2 oz) great northern beans, drained

1 can (15 oz) butter beans, drained

1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained

1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce

1 can (6 oz) tomato paste

1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies (can double this for extra spice)

1 envelope taco seasoning


Combine all ingredients in big pot and simmer for 15 min. Can be served at this point or I have put it in my crock pot on low for up to 4 hours!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Love your Disney pic! The recipe sounds delicious. The weather has been so weird the last couple of days, I can't decide if I need my crock pot or my bar-b-que!